Saturday 25 April 2015

Exposition: Degree Show Preperations

With the degree show looming in the near future, I have had to be prepared for it and design posters that can be placed on the boards we are given to stand beside to show off our work. Shown below is what our space will resemble in a simple form. As you can see, one space is shared by two people who have a single wall each with which to decorate appropriately with posters showing the best of our work.


We were also given photos of example spaces from previous years, which have helped to better put into my mind at any rate as to how best to lay things out.




Though I am still not exactly sure as to how many posters I want on my board, I have made up a good number of them that are being printed off so I can try different arrangements and combinations to see what works best. A large poster accompanied by several smaller ones is the plan, but I shall see when it comes to the set up days of the degree show. Below are all the posters that I have created.

A1 or A2 poster


A3 or A4 poster

A3 or A4 poster

A3 or A4 poster


A3 or A4 poster

A3 or A4 poster

A3 or A4 poster

A3 or A4 poster

A4 or A5 poster


The final poster shown above is required to give those viewing our stands a small explanation of what our projects are all about. Now that I have advanced further in my dissertation and changed the overview slightly, I kind of wish I could update it and get it printed, but I don't have the time unfortunately, so it will have to stay as is; it still gets across my project at any rate, so it's not a real problem.


For the degree show I have also got two tshirts with my images printed on them; the Harry Potter Swedish Shortsnout dragon final concept and the image used on the front of the final book of the Peruvian Vipertooth head anatomy, also from the Harry Potter dragons.


Swedish Shortsnout

Peruvian Vipertooth



Finally, I have made up new business cards that I will have available for people to take at the degree show, so hopefully there will be companies there looking for an aspiring creature designer! I have created two designs for my business cards, both of which will be used at the exposition, just to make them a bit more interesting and enjoyable for people who might prefer a certain design over the other.



No comments:

Post a Comment