Tuesday 17 March 2015

Scanning Issue - Now resolved!

A problem seems to have arisen with which I cannot find a solution for; a rather worrying situation I must say!

So, I bought a new all-in-one printer/scanner as my old one was giving me serious jib and I was fed up with it. Now I have come up against a new and possibly worse problem!

A major part of my process is to scan in images that I have coloured using my Copic markers, but I have come across the irritating issue that my scanner won't pick up certain colours; namely a pale blue that I am partial to using. Shown below is the key example I am talking about and the main culprit on top right with the pale creature concept which should have an overall blue tinge, but is majoritally white.




Hopefully I will be able to find a soultion to this problem, otherwise I feel I'm rather scuppered! Stressful indeed . . .


UPDATE!
So I bought a flat-bed scanner with the recommendation from professional artist Adrian Smith that that is how he gets his images into digital format. A sound recommendation indeed, as I have rescanned the aforementioned offending images and they've come out perfectly. There was something incredibly satisfying about how well it works, can't even describe the sense of relief I feel that this works.

  
So huzzah! But it isn't exactly time to celebrate yet, we have a long ways to go yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment